My 2022 Reading Stats

I have always loved tracking my yearly reading. I use a spreadsheet to track a variety of data and statistics. I find it both fun and informative, and use it to base my next years reading on. I also try to keep up to date with big fantasy/sci-fi awards such as the Hugo, Nebula, and Locus. Here are my stats for 2022.

2022 Reading Stats



 

Total Books Read: 147
Total DNFs: 11









 
Audio: 36
Hardcover: 46
E-book: 40
Paperback: 25












Fantasy: 58
Sci-Fi: 33
Suspense/Thriller: 30
Horror: 13
Magical Realism (subgenre): 2
Romance: 8
Contemporary: 1
Historical Fiction: 1






Book of the Month: 8
Borrowed: 7
NetGalley Arc: 22
Purchased: 13
Library: 97










Almost a perfect bell curve? 














Now here's a better bell curve :)
















Next year I definitely want to branch out more when it comes to genres, specifically more historical fiction. I have not liked any magical realism I've tried in recent years, so I don't plan on reading more from that speculative subgenre anytime soon. Fantasy will always be my favorite genre and there are so many good releases coming out in 2023. I am very excited to check some books off of my TBR pile.

Here's to 2023!!!

Comments