Top 5 Most Anticipated 2024 Releases

 In 2024 I am prioritizing speculative fiction. This past year I tried to branch out more to historical fiction and romance, which are genre's I've read very little from in the past. I ended up DNFing much more often and not reading as many books as usual. I was also finishing up my Master's degree so I had less time to read these great epic stories. I am so excited to get back to reading great books. 

Wind and Truth (Stormlight Archives #5) by Brandon Sanderson


The fifth book in The Stormlight Archives has yet to have a cover, so I'm using the fourth as a placeholder. This is my most anticipated book of next year. I'm going to be rereading the entire series throughout the year and I couldn't be more excited. I love everything about this series. The world, the characters, the magic system, the scope. I don't really know how Sanderson is going to wrap up this first arc of the series and I will be along for the ride. It's not being released until next December so I'll be waiting for another year in anticipation. 


Empire of the Damned (Empire of the Vampire #2) by Jay Kristoff


I gave the first book in this series a five stars as it was one of the best vampire books I'd read. I loved the style of book, where the character is narrating his past. I think it was incredibly well paced for such a giant book and reinvigorated vampire stories for me. The past few that I had tried to read were more in the "Romantasy" category and I don't really enjoy those. Instead, Krisoff wrote a very unique epic fantasy vampire story. This continuation is set to be released either late February or early March. 


Ghost Station by S.A. Barnes



I absolutely loved Dead Silence by Barnes and this looks to be a follow up along the same lines. Sci-fi and horror go so well together! This brings together what seems like similar ideas, with a space illness and a creepy abandoned place. I really hope this is as creepy as her last book because that was a page-turner. I think I read it in two sittings. This is scheduled for release in April. 


The Familiar by Leigh Bardugo


This is a book that I probably wouldn't pick up if it wasn't written by Bardugo. Historical fantasies tend to be one of my least favorite subgenres, but Bardugo has yet to disappoint. She made me love dark academia with Ninth House, which was another one that I didn't think I'd enjoy. She just has such a good writing style. The premise actually does sound really good with a mysterious immortal and a miracle worker. I really hope it makes me enjoy a type of fantasy I otherwise wouldn't have read. This will be released in May.



The Dead Cat Tail Assassins by P. Djèlí Clark


I've gave Clark's last two books, A Master of Djinn and Ring Shout five stars. He will be an auto-read author for me as long as he continues writing masterfully. Also, any book with assassins I am going to read. This book is about a group of assassins that have been resurrected with no memory of their past lives. It sounds amazing! I have a early copy from NetGalley and I can't wait to read it. This book will be released in April. 



Comments